- Violet was considered a pioneer of her time being a young girl, only 8 years old when she began to play golf. When she began playing golf she would have to practice in secret as girls were not supposed to play golf.
- Founding member of the Canadian Ladies Golf Union and BC Branch president for 13 years from 1933-1946. Violet used the same hickory shafted golf clubs throughout her whole career as she didn’t rush out to buy the newest technology because she believed that you should make the equipment work for you, not work for the equipment. Held numerous Victoria City golf titles.
- Captured the Pacific Northwest title seven times; 1905, 1909, and 1914 with the Victoria Golf Club, and 1920, 1923, 1927, and 1928 with the Jericho Golf Club.
- Runner-up three times (1906, 1912 with Victoria, 1929 with Jericho).
- Won the BC Championship nine times; 1905, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1914 with Victoria, and 1920, 1922, 1923, and 1929 with Jericho.
- Member of the Canadian Ladies Championship team that competed in Montreal in 1913.