Terry Fox’s Métis Heritage
Students will be exposed to Terry Fox’s life story. Students will explore his family’s discovery of their Métis ancestry and will investigate several Métis resources to learn more about what it means to be Métis. Students will then be encouraged to explore how identity and personal values can be linked to culture.
- Engage in new learning about Terry Fox and his Métis ancestry.
- Explore what it means to be Métis through games and core values.
- Explore how our culture can help shape our values and identity.
- Apply conceptual knowledge of culture and identity to personal experiences.
- Terry Fox - Discovering Identity - Lesson Plan 1
- Terry Fox’s Métis Family
- Terry Fox’s Métis Family 2
- The Terry Fox Foundation
- Métis Nation British Columbia
- Education for Reconciliation Métis Professional Learning
- 2016. University of BC, RC INTERactive, JW Sporta. Activities for everyone, everywhere: An intercultural physical activity guide.
- Traditional Métis Socialization and Entertainment – Todd Paquin, Darren R. Préfontaine and Patrick Young