He Shoots, He Scores!
Curricular Links: Art, Personal Planning, Language Arts, Physical Education
The Big Idea
The Patrick brothers’ dream for starting Canadian hockey on the West Coast allows students to explore the meaning of “vision”. Students learn about how to make their dreams come alive by identifying an objective to pursue, then developing a detailed plan that they could visualize themselves having the confidence and determination to implement wit the help of a strong support team.
- Learn about the beginning of professional hockey in British Columbia.
- Understand the significant contributions of the Patrick family to hockey
- Explore the meaning of “vision”.
- Design a marketing brochure
- Reflect on their own vision for the future